Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
Ages: Babies (6m+) to Teens
Difficulty: Easy peasy
Makes: 4 servings
- 200g leeks
- 150g of frozen peas
- 250g of arborio risotto rice
- 250g of salmon, skinned and cubed
- 750 ml of low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- If using stock cubes then heat the water for the stock in a kettle. Add the low sodium stock to the water and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the leeks and garlic until they are soft, about three minutes.
- Add the arborio rice to the leeks. Stir until the rice is coated in the oil.
- Add the stock and thyme to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the salmon to the mixture and remove the pan from the hob.
- Transfer the risotto mixture to an ovenproof dish and cover the dish tightly with two layers of tinfoil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the risotto and stir in the frozen peas.
- Return the risotto to the oven for an additional 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Enjoy your oven baked risotto!
Our step-by-step guide:
Sauté your leeks and garlic in olive oil.
Add your risotto rice and stir everything together.
Make sure the risotto is covered in the oil.
Add your stock and thyme and bring to the boil.
For babies make sure that the stock is low sodium.
Add the salmon and remove from the heat.
Transfer your risotto to a casserole dish and cover tightly with two layers of aluminium foil or with a close fitting lid.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Take your risotto out of the oven and add the frozen peas.
Return the dish to the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
Leave it uncovered.
Remove from the oven and enjoy!