Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 20 mins
Ages: Toddlers to Teens
Difficulty: Easy peasy
Makes: 12 sweet potato croquettes
- 250g of sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 250g of white potato, peeled and diced
- ½ cup of mild cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup of frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 ½ Tablespoons of gluten free flour
- ½ clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of mixed Italian herbs
- Dash of salt and pepper (optional)
- 75 g of oats, pulverized
- 2-3 Tablespoons of grapeseed oil
- Peel and chop the sweet potato and the white potato roughly. Boil in a medium sized saucepan for 10-15 mins or until soft. Add the peas in for the last few minutes of boiling.
- Drain the sweet potatoes, potatoes and peas and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the garlic, cheese, gluten free flour, and mixed herbs. Mash everything together with a potato masher. Set aside to cool or place in the fridge.
- Form the mixture into croquettes, rolling them between your hands. If the mixture is too soft, add some of the pulverised oats or flour until it firms up.
- Blend the oats until breadcrumb consistency. Empty onto a plate.
- Roll each formed croquette around in the pulverized oats until well coated.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the croquettes on both sides until golden.
Our step-by-step guide:
Boil your sweet potatoes and white potatoes for 10-15 minutes.
Add in the peas during the last few minutes of boiling.
When cooked through drain them and place in a mixing bowl.
Add the peas, cheese, garlic, mixed herbs and gluten free flour.
Add salt and pepper if you wish. Set aside to cool.
Pulverise the oats in a blender to a breadcrumb consistency.
Roll the mixture into croquettes and coat in your oats mixture.
Cook your croquettes in the oil in a pan on all sides until they are golden brown.
Enjoy this tasty toddler meal!