Time: 5 mins
Ages: Baby (6m+) to Teens
Difficulty: Easy peasy
Makes: 2 baby bowls
- 1 cup peas (150g)
- 7 mint leaves
- 60ml baby milk (for baby 6-12 months) or creme fraiche (for the rest of the family)
- Boil water in a saucepan and add the peas and mint
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Drain, saving the liquid in a bowl
- Put it in a blender (or use a handheld blender).
- Add the baby’s milk or creme fraiche, and just enough of the saved liquid to reach the right consistency.
- Blend and serve
If you’re serving children over 12 months, you could add some garnishes as well. Some ideas are croutons, diced pancetta fried for a minute in a pan, or simply a slice of warm bread.
Pea soup our step by step guide:
Boil the peas and mint in water for 2-3 minutes.
Drain, saving the liquid in a bowl.
Put the peas and mint in a blender (or you can use a handheld immersion blender in the saucepan).
Add the baby’s milk or creme fraiche, and just enough of the saved liquid to reach the right consistency for your baby’s puree or for your soup.
If you’re unsure add water bit by bit until it looks right.
Enjoy this delicious pea soup with mint leaves.