Prep: 5 minutes
Cooking: 25-30 minutes
Ages: Toddlers to teens
Difficulty: Easy Peasy
Makes:10-15 servings of homemade granola
For the granola:
- 2 tbsp of vegetable or coconut oil
- 125ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 300g or rolled oats
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g dried cherries
- 50g goji berries
- 50g shredded coconut flakes
For the Yogurt Parfaits
- Enough yogurt to fill your chosen cup
- Your choice of fruit
- Preheat the oven to 150C
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add the oats, and seeds to the bowl and mix well with a spoon.
- Spread evenly onto an ungreased baking tray or cookie sheet (you may need two)
- Bake for 15 minutes in the middle of the oven, stirring every 10 minutes to toast evenly, then mix in the dried fruit and coconut and bake for 10-15 minutes more.
- Let it cool completely.
- Alternate layers of yogurt and homemade granola in parfait glasses. Top with granola and fruit.
Our step-by-step guide:
Mix together your maple syrup, honey, oil and vanilla.
Pour the oats and seeds into the maple syrup mixture and stir well.
Spread the granola mixture evenly into your baking tray and bake for 15 minutes at 150C.
After 15 minutes add the dried cherries, goji berries and coconut and bake for a further 10 minutes.
To make the parfaits layer yogurt with granola and fruit
Store it in an airtight container in a cool dry place for a quick homemade breakfast.