Prep: 5 minutes
Cooking: 5 min
Ages: Toddlers to Teens
Difficulty: Easy peasy
Makes: 2 large egg rolls (8-10 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of arrowroot
- 2 teaspoons of chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon of dill, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1 avocado, mashed with a bit of lemon juice
- Smoked salmon slices
- Place the olive oil in a medium sized non-stick fry pan. Set on a medium heat. Tilt the fry pan a bit to ensure that the oil evenly coats the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the eggs with the chopped chives, dill and 2 teaspoons of arrowroot. Ensure that all the lumps are removed and it is well mixed.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into the frying pan. Tilt the pan back and forth to ensure that the eggs are covering the bottom of the pan evenly. Fry for two to three minutes and gently turn over.
- Slide the egg pancake onto a chopping board or plate and leave to rest for a minute while you make the second egg pancake with the remaining egg mixture.
- Spread half of the cream cheese across the centre. Top with smoked salmon slices and spread the avocado mixture over the salmon.
- Roll the omelette up as tightly as you can and cut into rolls with a sharp knife.
- Repeat for the second egg pancake.
Egg roll up – our step by step guide:
Whisk your eggs with the chopped chives, dill and arrowroot powder.
Make sure that all the lumps are out.
Add 1 tablespoon of oil to your frying pan and set to a medium heat.
Make sure the oil covers the base of the frying pan.
Pour the eggs into your frying pan.
Tilt your pan back and forth a bit to make sure your eggs are evenly spread across the bottom of the pan.
Cook for two to three minutes, and gently flip.
Slide the egg pancake onto a chopping board and let it rest while you make the second egg pancake with the remaining egg mixture.
You will need to add another tablespoon of oil to the pan for the second batch.
Spread half of your cream cheese over the egg pancake, leaving the edges clear.
Sprinkle or place your chopped smoked salmon over the top of the cream cheese.
Spread your avocado over the top of the salmon.
Roll the omelette up tightly and cut it into pieces using a sharp knife.