When it comes to buying a buggy one of the most popular choices are the 3 in 1 prams that combine a car seat, pushchair and carrycot.
Buying all three as a bundle is a great way of keeping down costs. But with so much choice it’s hard to know where to start looking.
To make it easier we’ve picked 4 of the best and have taken a look at the pros and cons of each.
Ickle Bubba Travel System (Amazon): https://amzn.to/2poVCRo
The Ickle Bubba Stomp V4 Travel System looks and feels gorgeous. Inspired by nature, it comes in earthen colours, such as Woodland Bronze and Blueberry Chrome, both with leatherette handle bars, which feel so luxurious.
It comes in a box packed with everything you need and a few extras too:
- car seat
- isofix base
- stroller footmuff
- 2 sun visors
- changing bag and mat
Pros of the Ickle Bubba travel system include:
- Lightweight stroller frame which makes it easy to carry
- Large (puncture resist) back wheels for city and country strolling
- Height adjustable leatherette handlebar
- Basket with high sides to bung in all your kit and caboodle
- Easy click on carrycot which can be used up to 6 months of age
- Stroller seat can be placed both rear and forward facing
- Easy to collapse
- The car seat is a little tricky to click into place on the stroller
- You need 2 hands to recline and fold the stroller
- The car seat isn’t iSize certified
i-Safe Trio Travel System (Amazon): https://amzn.to/2OMC8kx
If you are on a budget or don’t want to fork out an eye watering amount then the i-Safe System is definitely one to consider. For such a great price you get an awful lot. Parents rave about it, leaving reviews, such as:
“This travel system is AMAZING! The price is too good to be true for what you get with it!”
“Absolutely gorgeous – lightweight and so easy to fold etc. can’t believe we got such an amazing deal. It’s got everything plus more.”
i-Safe travel seat pros:
- includes carrycot and car seat
- padded head support
- adjustable hood
- easy to attach to the stroller, it just slots into the frame
- forward and rear facing positions
- 3 reclining positions
- easy to collapse
What parents love most about the stroller is that it is so easy to push and manoeuvre. The large wheels cope with uneven roads or paths easily and it steers smoothly.
The iSafe comes with a number of features but it’s most popular is that it’s lightweight and folds up easily into a small space.
Even though it’s a budget option you get everything you need to head out and about with baby and a few extras too. As well as black and grey it comes in a great choice of bright colours and funky fabrics.
- The rear wheels are large and a bit bulky when folded.
- They also need to be blown up with a pump every now and again as they can puncture.
Graco Evo Trio (Amazon): https://amzn.to/2MgzTnY
If you’re looking for an all round travel system that doesn’t cost the earth then it’s worth considering the Graco Evo Trio.
It comes with everything you need to get out and about with your baby:
- Evo pushchair
- SnugRide car seat
Pros and features:
- Forward to parent facing pram seat which switches with one button
- Seat reclines fully flat for when baby is snoozing
- Collapsible with one hand. So you can hold baby in the other
- Handle is height adjustable making it more comfortable for parents
- Large puncture free wheels, which are not filled with air
- Easy to push around
One thing parents mention a lot on reviews is that these buggies are so well made, lasting them for years.
- It’s heavy so it can be a little hard to carry around
- The material is not as luxurious as some models, but this is reflected in the price
Bugaboo Fox, 2 in 1 (Amazon): https://amzn.to/2qiwf4r
Bugaboos don’t come cheap but there’s a reason why they’ve amassed an army of fans, since they first launched with the iconic Bugaboo Frog over 22 years ago.
The newest member of the family is the Bugaboo Fox. And it doesn’t disappoint.
Pros and features include:
- extremely lightweight frame (chassis is under 10lb)
- all-terrain wheels (which include ‘Beach Mode’ so it even copes on sand)
- eco-friendly fabrics
- same high quality feel of the rest of the Bugaboo fleet
- one-piece fold
- smooth ride
- height adjustable pushchair seat
- height adjustable handlebars
- front and rear facing pram seat
The Fox boasts Bugaboo’s ‘best drive performance yet’. One push and it glides along, coping seamlessly with any surface and easily navigating around tight corners.
The chassis weighs under 10lbs so it’s really easy to carry and pop in and out of the car boot, or onto buses. It folds up with one hand into a surprisingly compact flat space, even though it has big back wheels. They simply fold up flat too.
You’ve got a choice of heights for the pushchair seat and the handlebars and it reclines from flat to sitting and can be switched from forward to parent facing quickly and easily.
There are loads of Bugaboo accessories which easily click onto the chassis, including cupholders, buggy clips and a cool board for toddlers to hitch a ride.
- It doesn’t come with a car seat, although it is compatible with a wide range of car seats (including Maxi-Cosi, iBeSafe, Cybex, Kiddy Evoluna and Nuna – check your chosen Bugaboo pram specifications for the exact models).
- It’s expensive.
3 in 1 pram systems at a glance: comparison table
|3-in-1||Price*||Included in price||Weight||Size when folded||Reclinable positions||Suitable from||Extra features|
|iSafe||£279.95 (discounted)||Car seat, carrycot, pushchair set, chassis, raincover, cosytoes||13.7kg||54 x 96 x 59cm||3||0-15kg||Swivel wheels, height adjustable handle, large baskets|
|Ickle Bubba||£598.00||Car seat, carry cot, pushchair seat, chassis, raincover, sun visors, footmuff, changing bag||15kg||61 x 77 x 30cm||4||0-15kg||Puncture resist tyres, soft liners, high-sided basket|
|Graco Evo Trio||£399.99||Car seat, carrycot, pushchair seat, chassis, footmuff, raincover||20kg||90 x 61 x 45cm||3||0-20kg||One-hand fold, adjustable handle|
|Bugaboo Fox||£979.00||Carrycot, pushchair seat, chassis||9.9kg||66 x 54 x 19cm||multi||0-17kg||Ultra lightweight, smooth ride, eco fabrics, storage basket|
*Prices are guides and may vary.
3 in 1 pram and travel systems offer great value for money and are an easy option to make sure you’ve got everything you need to take your baby out and about.
You’ll use your pram a lot, so it’s worth taking a bit of time to really research which one suits you best.
From splashing out on a top of the range buggy, or finding good quality at a good price, these four top picks give you a good choice as you start your buggy shopping journey.
Join the Mas & Pas Bump Club chat group.
A place where expecting mamas support each other day by day. As we all move towards our ideal birth experience and prepare to be the very best mamas we can be.